Tuesday, June 30, 2009

home sweet home!

It is amazing to think that only a week ago, our son was born. Tuesday June 23rd at 2:34am we welcomed Garrett Gregory Erlandson into the world and with one glance he stole our hearts. He was 8.5lbs and 22inches long. We where so lucky to have been in the room with the birth mother while she was giving birth. It was an amazing experience. We all, including the birth mother where able to come home the following evening. Prior to our discharge the birth mother had her pastor come and do an intrustment ceremony. It was the neatest thing we have ever experienced, other than his birth. There was not a dry eye in the chapel. It was one of the most humbling experiences I have even been a part of. Prior to the ceremony the pastor talked to all three if us and said that after this ceremony in the eyes of god Garrett was our son. It was a beautiful thing to hear. I highly recommend anyone whom is adopting and has a open adoption to have an intrustment ceremony. As for Garrett, he is AMAZING! I never knew that something so little could bring so much joy to someone. Brian is an amazing daddy, he loves his so much and it just warms my heart when I see them together. Garrett sleeps most the night but just waking up for his feedings. Brian and I have great team work...We don't go to be until midnight, and Garrett gets a bottle before Brian and I go to bed, I wake up at 3am to feed and change him and then he wakes back up between 6 and 7 and Brian gets up and feeds him and we start our day! Perfect-o! We are so in love it is silly, I wish I could express in words how we feel, but every time I try it just doesn't seem to do it any justice. I do feel like I finally after years and years of trying to decide what to be 'when I grew up' know that I am meant to be a mommy. I have never felt so much contentment and peace as I do when I am with Garrett. It is an amazing feeling. Because of the laws in MN regarding the time line that the birth mother can change her mind and decide to parent, we have decided not to post any pictures until we can say 100% that Garrett is OUR SON! We are not concerned that she will decide to parent but we are just being safe. Friday July 10th is the final day. So you bet your bottom that July 11th at midnight Brian and I will be celebrating! So please keep us in your prayers. Also if you would pray for his birth mother we would appreciate it. She is so amazing and is now part of our family too.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Congratulations!!! I just love this post. I can feel your happiness and joy just shining through!

Can't wait until July 10th!