Sunday, June 21, 2009

I am so excited it is hard to form a sentance

Friday was such a wonderful day. As you know we where invited to go to a doctors appointment. We where able to hear the heart beat and see an ultra sounds. It was amazing. They scheduled an induction day….Monday at 8am she will be induced. The midwife wanted her to wait until Wednesday but thankfully her social worker stepped in and said that was to long. So we got locked in on Monday! Hooray! After the appointments we went to lunch and than off to the car dealership to find a car for the birth mother. She had bought one earlier that week and it broke down so she asked if Brian and I (mostly Brian) would help her look for a better one. Sure enough she found a great car! It was really nice to be able to spend the day with her and get to know each other better. For Monday, She asked if instead of us meeting her are the hospital if we would meet her at her house and all ride down to the hospital together. We are so excited to be with her every step of the way! It is incredible to know the exact moment that your life is going to change. Brian and I are so excited we can hardly stand it. Today, being fathers day Brian and I are feeling so blessed. My parents are visiting from D.C. so we all went out for a fathers day brunch and than off to Babies R Us to get some last min items that are a must have before Garrett comes home. While we where shopping, I have a horrible habit of checking my email on my phone several time through out the day/hour! I noticed a email from the birth mother, and she said…I just wanted to wish Brian a happy fathers day. Ahhh my heart melted and my eyes filled up with tears. What an amazing thing for her to do. When I told Brian he had the same reaction that I did. We are so blessed to have her in out life, she is an amazing person. Brian and I are staying in a hotel tonight so we can be closer to her house and not have to get up so early in the morning. We just left our house, made sure that it was all picked up and ready for us to leave as two and come back forever as three!

1 comment:

Dean and Janie said...

My goodness, what a moving post. The birth mother seems to be handling things so well and seems truly interested in building a relationship with you. Since it is now Monday night, I anxiously await good news from your family. Our prayers for you are that God's will be done and that all of you have His love and peace in your hearts. Although exciting, I know it is also a difficult process for you all. Thinking of you warmly.